Malware is a type of virus software code written to perform pretty nasty stuff on a victim’s machine. Malware comes in many forms and worst of all, most times the victim doesn’t even know his/her machine or network has a malware in it.
Today there are many forms of malware software written with complex algorithms. Such malware has different types and comes in different forms and shapes. Let’s take a look at few forms of malware malicious software:
- Written in VBS computer language.
- It comes embedded in documents like Microsoft Word files.
- These are one level worst than macro viruses.
- They hide the modifications they make to the victim’s machine.
- They trick the anti-virus software by intercepting its requests to the operating system.
So be careful with the task manager processes tab and look out for malicious windows processes.
- It produces copies of itself in varied operations.
- Hard to detect because it won’t leave traces.
- Very dangerous virus because:
- it can modify its code so that it won’t match anti-virus signatures.
Bots & Zombies:
- This is self-explanatory by its name so basically, it’s a Network of Infected Machines.
- it operates under the control of hacker who uses command and control servers.
- Viruses which spread from machine to machine.
More Virus definitions to come stay tuned!